About Placidah Lake Resort
Placidah Lake Resort is located at the side of Taal lake in Sta. Teresita, Province of Batangas. From the resort, you can also view Mt. Maculot which is quite famous to hikers.
Placidah is best for a short overnight vacation, and if you want to experience pool swimming with a mountain and volcano for a background. Swimming in the lake is not allowed, though there is a small pool near it.
The resort is 110 kilometers from Metro Manila.
When we went to Placidah Lake Resort, the construction of Taal Lake Circumference Road is an ongoing that is why you can see “photobombers” in our pictures.
Our stay in Placidah Lake Resort
We chose Placidah Lake Resort for our family reunion because I want to encourage my brothers to experience long drive (they’re from Bulacan and Caloocan City), and for their families to unwind and see Mt. Maculot and Taal Volcano up close.
The resort is not a 5-star resort and the facilities somehow need maintenance but are still good to operate. Perhaps less people were travelling due to the pandemic and tourist destinations such as this were the ones mostly affected.
Placidah Lake Resort is near the main road though you have to take a narrow alley to get to the main gate of the resort. The roads going there are paved and not bumpy. A lowered car can manage to reach it.
How to get to Placidah Lake Resort
1. Take a DLTB or JAM bus going to Lemery from Buendia or Cubao Station and alight at the Sta. Teresita Police Outpost.
2. Take a tricycle going to Placidah Lake Resort
Bringing our car is always convenient that is why Waze or Google Maps will always be our friend to every journey. It is easy to reach Placidah Lake Resort.
1. From Metro Manila, take South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and then go all the way to Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR Toll).
2. Exit to Lipa Exit, then turn left to Jose P. Laurel Hi-way
3. Right turn to Banay-Banay-Mojon-Cuenca Road
4. Right turn to Taal-Bauan Road
5. Right turn to Tawilisan
6. Take the narrow alley until you reach Placidah Lake Resort
Transportation: Approx. Php 1,000 gas and max. of Php 500 toll (new rates applied) to take North Luzon Expressway
Food: Max of Php 500 per head for each meal. Grocery items for merienda or snacks are not included.
Accommodation: Book by calling at 0915-4370536. The rate is actually reasonable for 9 pax.
Others: Maximum of Php 500 per head for socials at night