Sand and Stars Resort in Dinadiawan, Dipaculao, Aurora is easily the best resort I’ve ever been to so far. The sand is pure, the water is clear, the place is relaxing and the sea breeze is sooooo soothing!
Together with my oldest brother, niece and nephew, my daughter and I went to Dinadiawan as part of our post-Christmas Baler-Dipaculao travel last 2021. We were so excited because we can finally go on a road trip and enjoy the beach after two years of strict lockdowns due to the pandemic.
We stayed at Baler for a day to get some rest after the long drive and to also visit a close friend. We initially planned this trip for the 13th birthday celebration of my daughter in October last year however, we had to reschedule the trip as my nephew tested positive in COVID-19.
Aurora, at that time, was implementing strict travel requirements. Travelers and visitors needed to submit some documents at the border of Nueva Ecija and Aurora before you entering the province.
Enough of the COVID-19 protocols, let’s talk about our stay in Dinadiawan.
Sand and Starts Resort was specifically chosen by a close friend as they live about 1.5-hour drive to the town of Dipaculao and the resort was quite popular. True enough, the road going to the beach and the beach itself were indeed amazing! You will truly enjoy the place and every penny is really worth it.
It was a gloomy day when we reached the resort. The sun mostly hid among the clouds. But it did not spoil our mood as we still enjoyed our stay in this wonderful beach resort that we highly recommend to visit.
In Sand and Stars Resort, you definitely you must:
1. Swim and enjoy the clear water
2. Marvel at the beauty of its shoreline
3. Take lots of photos and videos as souvenirs of your stay
4. And of course, have bonding moments with family and friends
How to get to Sand and Stars Resort
For commuters who want hassle-free bus ticket booking, it is highly recommended to book/reserve in advance! The Joy Bus is easily fully booked so better to book early. You can purchase your bus tickets online via Pinoy Travel Online Bus Booking which allows you to select your preferred seats as well.
1. Book a bus ride going to Baler
2. Once you are in Baler, ride a tricycle going to Central Terminal
3. In Central Terminal, ride a bus or van going to Casiguran
4. The Sand and Stars is along the national highway on the right so it quite easy to spot
If you love long drives, going to The Sand and Stars Resort is 182-kilometer drive from Pasig City or 8-hour drive depending on your pace and traffic situation in Nueva Ecija. Waze or Google Maps are your friends. Just pin The Sand and Stars Beach Resort. Expect that internet signal could be weak-to-nothing especially if you enter the Nueva Ecija-Aurora border and in the highway of Dipaculao.
1. Take NLEX-SCTEX-TPLEX and exit at Tarlac City so you can enter CLLex.
2. In CLLex, exit at Aliaga.
3. From Aliaga, take the national road. Waze will guide you until you reach Aurora border so don’t worry. 🙂
4. Continue to approach the national road going to Casiguran until you reach Sand and Stars Beach Resort.
Transportation: Approx. Php 4000 gas (full tank) and max. of Php 1000 toll (new rates applied). CLLex rate is not included as passing to CLLex (From Tarlac to Aliaga) was free at that time.
Food: Maximum of Php 1500 per head (grocery items for lunch, dinner and breakfast, and expense during stop overs)
Accommodation: Book via Ayoha Booking Online. You will see there the rates of tents and rooms.
Others: Php 500 per head (a lot of beers… hahaha)